General: SRT ready, knowledge of knots, climbing, rigging, OSHA safety and ANSI-300 standards, communicate with crew, look/ wear (PPE) at all times.
Morning: Review work order, check and prepare saws, check ropes for weakness or damage, load equipment, double check equipment check list .
On-The-Job: Assess hazards on the job site(including people and animals), set up rigging and climb lines, communicate with ground men and other crew members, use safe tree felling operations, site safety, comply with ANSI-300.
Evening: Check saws and ropes for weakness or damage, store saws and ropes properly, prepare for next morning, daily debrief.
Top 5 Responsibilities:
- Cal Osha safety compliance
- Preservation of self, equipment and public
- Locate/assess hazards on the job site
- Communicate with groundmen/crew
- Always comply with ANSI-300 standards
Top 5 Competencies:
- Awareness of self and surroundings
- Proactive listening and communication
- Ability and desire to work with others
- Proficiency in tree industry rigging and knots
- Proficiency in ANSI pruning and tree felling operations
*Must have or be willing to obtain Class B with air brakes within 90 days of hire date.