It’s no secret that many people love to have trees on their property. Trees can add to your home’s curb appeal and increase property value, and they can even reduce energy bills by offering shade. But sometimes trees need to be removed due to damage or disease.
When trees are removed, their stumps are left behind. This can pose a problem for several reasons including the following:
- Decaying stumps are buffets for pests. When a tree is removed and the stump is left behind without any grinding or root removal, the decaying stump acts as a buffet for pests. Carpenter ants and termites love to make their homes in decaying stumps, feeding on the leftover wood. These pests won’t stop there, either. They’ll make their way from the decaying stump to other plants on your property and may even make their way into your home.
- Stumps are a safety hazard. A tree stump might not seem dangerous on the surface. However, stumps can be a major tripping hazard. This is especially true for small children and older adults. Stump removal is an essential safety measure that can help to prevent injuries.
- Stumps can spread tree sickness. If you had your tree removed because it was suffering from a disease, it’s important to have the stump removed as well. Leaving the stump of a sick tree in your yard leaves your other trees vulnerable to the same sickness.
- Stumps and tree roots impact landscaping. Stump removal is important if you have big plans for your home’s landscaping. While a tree stump may not take up a lot of room in your yard by itself, its roots can stretch across your entire yard. This makes it challenging to successfully landscape and garden.
- Stumps can hurt your property value. Healthy trees can do a lot of good for your home’s property value, but there’s no value in a stump. Stumps negatively impact the overall appearance of your yard, making it look unkempt and uncared for. What’s more, because the stump’s roots are still present in the soil, potential home buyers may see this as a problem for their own landscaping ideas.
Stump removal is essential for the overall health and safety of your home. Stump removal reduces the risk of pests, injuries, and lost property value. To learn more about stump removal or to schedule tree and stump removal for your own yard, be sure to contact A-1 Tree Service & Stump Removal in Redding, Ca. today.