Trees are one of the most undervalued assets that properties can have. Aside from providing us with shade for hot summer days, trees can beautifully accent a home and the shade they provide can save us thousands of dollars on cooling costs in the summer. Investing in a reliable tree service that uses certified arborists to conduct tree care is the best way to protect these valuable assets.
How Does Hiring a Tree Service Help my Trees?
Tree service companies provide a range of services to ensure that your trees remain healthy and safe for years to come. One of the primary services that tree companies provide is tree trimming. Untrimmed trees are not only more likely to develop problems that could cause them to die prematurely, but they can also be extremely dangerous. Plus, did you know that well-trimmed trees can increase a property’s value by 14%?
For the following reasons, tree care and, in particular, tree trimming is one of the best investments you can make for your home.
- Safety: Safety first. Unpruned trees are a massive liability to homeowners and anyone in their vicinity. Without proper tree care, large dead and compromised branches are susceptible to breaking and falling on anyone or anything beneath them. Tree trimmers remove these branches in a safe manner, and assess the tree for overall stability and storm-resistance.
- Growth: We all want to see our trees live a long, healthy life, and to watch them grow. Tree trimming is an essential aspect of maintaining and improving tree growth. Proper tree trimming techniques improve the resilience and root growth of the tree, allowing them to grow tall and live a long time.
- Beauty: Many of us keep the trees in our yards because they are so beautiful. But let’s be honest: not all trees are as beautiful as others. A sure-fire way to have the most beautiful, healthy-looking trees in the neighborhood is to hire a professional tree service company to trim your trees.
- Fruit Production: Trees such as apples, cherries, and peaches produce beautiful flowers in the spring. But without proper pruning, these trees won’t produce the quality fruit they are named for. Tree trimming improves the overall health of the tree and encourages the growth of spurs, which will then produce fruit the next year.
- Treating Disease: You may be just beginning to look for a tree care company, because you’ve noticed that your tree is suffering a bit. Trees are susceptible to a number of diseases, just like humans. And just like us, they require some upkeep from time to time to keep them healthy. Pruning is a great way to eliminate and prevent diseases in your trees.
- Improving a View: Our trees are pretty, but sometimes, they can get in the way of something even prettier. Whether you are fortunate enough to have a view of the ocean or mountains, or you just want to be able to see the street in front of your house, tree trimming can lighten up the branches on your trees so you can see clearly again. And the best part is, you don’t have to cut down the tree or compromise your tree’s health to get your view back.